Formats of Therapy:
• Individual: Standard one on one counseling where treatment is focused on the individual needs of the client.
• Family: The focus of family therapy is on meeting the needs of the entire family and increasing functioning/harmony in the family unit. Treatment requires the participation of multiple family members and focuses on the needs of the group.
• Child/Adolescent : 7 – 19
• Early Adulthood: 20 – 35
• Families: children/adolescents and their parents.
• Cognitive-Behavioral: This therapy model focuses on recognizing and adjusting thinking errors as well as identifying and shaping behaviors that may be a cause of stress and anxiety.
• Brief Therapy: Brief therapy focuses on addressing a specific problem and creating a specific intervention to address the issue.
• Skills Training: This therapy model takes a behavioral approach and teaches clients tools that they can use to make improvements in their daily lives. This approach is particularly effective when working with younger children.
For mental health services, most insurance plans are accepted including Blue Cross, Aetna and Cigna. The rate for a 50 minute session is $70.00 – $100.00, although this will likely be less with insurance coverage. I would encourage you not to avoid therapy for yourself, or your child. Therapy can help with what you are going through. There is no rule that says you have to come weekly to make progress. One of the best indicators for potential progress from my clients is how committed they are towards making improvements, not how often they come. There isn’t a one size fits all model of treatment. Every person is unique. Why wait for your circumstances to change themselves when you could play an active role in making a change today?